DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — A Davenport day care operator has been accused of injuring two infants.
Court records say 44-year-old Amy Smith is charged with child endangerment causing injury and four counts of child endangerment causing serious injury. A phone listed for her in Davenport rang unanswered several times Wednesday. The records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for her.
Her arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 5.
An arrest affidavit says authorities opened an investigation in April when they were called about an infant who’d been hospitalized with several bone fractures. Officers also learned that another infant in Smith’s care was injured in November 2015. The affidavit says a doctor said the injuries were a result of child beating.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world