PORTLAND — Daughters of a Portland stabbing victim say their father was attacked after telling a homeless man not to camp in the neighborhood.
Shawna Lebechuck and Kayla McNeel say their father, Kasey Lebechuck, was stabbed 17 times Sunday night. McNeel says her father was stabbed in the lungs, stomach, back, mouth, eye and back of head.
Police arrested Todd Schneider on a charge of first-degree assault, but have yet to say what led to the attack or confirm that Schneider is homeless.
According court records, Schneider told jailers he has no job or stable income. Bail was set at $250,000, and he does not yet have a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Neighbors in the outer Northeast Portland neighborhood told reporters that homeless people have been camping in the area.