PORTLAND — Daughters of a Portland stabbing victim say their father was attacked after telling a homeless man not to camp in the neighborhood.
Shawna Lebechuck and Kayla McNeel say their father, Kasey Lebechuck, was stabbed 17 times Sunday night. McNeel says her father was stabbed in the lungs, stomach, back, mouth, eye and back of head.
Police arrested Todd Schneider on a charge of first-degree assault, but have yet to say what led to the attack or confirm that Schneider is homeless.
According court records, Schneider told jailers he has no job or stable income. Bail was set at $250,000, and he does not yet have a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 4 journalists and a newspaper are Time's Person of the Year
- 'Truth isn't truth' tops list of notable quotes in 2018
Neighbors in the outer Northeast Portland neighborhood told reporters that homeless people have been camping in the area.