GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — The daughter of a Wisconsin legislator has pleaded not guilty to delivering the drugs that killed a pregnant woman.
Cassie Nygren is facing several charges in northeastern Wisconsin’s Brown County, including first-degree reckless homicide. The charges stem from the June death of Jennifer Skeen, who died of a fentanyl overdose.
Nygren’s father, Rep. John Nygren, has been public about his daughter’s struggle with drugs. He’s sponsored numerous laws aimed at combating the opioid epidemic.
WLUK-TV reports that Nygren’s attorney is seeking to have the venue changed in her case or a jury brought in from outside the area, arguing that an impartial jury cannot be found in Brown County. Her father represents the area in the state House.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
Cassie Nygren’s boyfriend, Shawn Gray, is also charged in the case. He’s due in court on Thursday for a status hearing.
Information from: WLUK-TV, http://www.fox11online.com