FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — A Maryland teenager shot and killed a deer inside his house after it busted through his family’s front door and ransacked their home.
Ryan Manchester says he thought someone was trying to break into his home Dec. 5 when he heard banging at the door. Instead, he found a fully grown deer had broken down the door and was ransacking the living room, trying to break out through a window.
He recorded video that shows the deer trying to escape, knocking over the family’s Christmas tree and causing other damage.
The Frederick News-Post (http://bit.ly/2hFKZ4x) is reporting that he then called his father and 911 before getting his father’s gun and shooting the animal between the eyes from behind his living room couch.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scientists expected thawing wetlands in Siberia's permafrost. What they found is 'much more dangerous.'
- Here's what we know about the delta-plus variant
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Officer dead, suspect killed in violence outside Pentagon
- Masks and COVID-19: Explaining the latest guidance from the CDC and other experts
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com