MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say a man was killed after his vehicle struck the back of a farm implement on a highway in Meeker County.
The Star Tribune reports the crash occurred about 10:20 p.m. Saturday on Hwy. 15 in Collinwood Township, roughly 10 miles north of Hutchinson and 50 miles west of the Twin Cities.
The Highway Patrol says the car’s motorist was a 62-year-old man from nearby Darwin. His identity was not immediately released.
The patrol says the man’s vehicle struck the right rear side of a planter being pulled by a tractor after it just pulled onto the highway from a field.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others
Information from: Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com