MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — The Dakota Wesleyan University women’s basketball team has won the program’s first national title.
The Mitchell school beat Concordia University 82-59 on Tuesday in Sioux City, Iowa, to capture the NAIA Division II championship.
Tigers sophomore guard Kynedi Cheeseman scored 26 points in the title game and was named tournament most valuable player.
DWU finished the season with a 32-6 record, tying the school record for most wins in a season.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Species battle pits protected sea lions against fragile fish VIEW
- With police near, suspected Austin bomber blows himself up VIEW
- Austin bombing suspect had list of future targets
- Neighbors baffled after naming of 24-year-old suspect
- Hundreds of dead cattle lead to California rancher's arrest