MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — The Dakota Wesleyan University women’s basketball team has won the program’s first national title.
The Mitchell school beat Concordia University 82-59 on Tuesday in Sioux City, Iowa, to capture the NAIA Division II championship.
Tigers sophomore guard Kynedi Cheeseman scored 26 points in the title game and was named tournament most valuable player.
DWU finished the season with a 32-6 record, tying the school record for most wins in a season.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Are you dead, sir?': Video shows ER doctor mocking patient who said he couldn't breathe WATCH
- Trump administration pulls US out of UN human rights council
- More outbreaks of foodborne illnesses: Here’s what you need to know
- In secret recording, children in custody sob, beg for parents taken from them at U.S. border
- What separation from parents does to children: 'The effect is catastrophic'