MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — The Dakota Wesleyan University women’s basketball team has won the program’s first national title.
The Mitchell school beat Concordia University 82-59 on Tuesday in Sioux City, Iowa, to capture the NAIA Division II championship.
Tigers sophomore guard Kynedi Cheeseman scored 26 points in the title game and was named tournament most valuable player.
DWU finished the season with a 32-6 record, tying the school record for most wins in a season.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Correction: 3D Gun-Lawsuit story WATCH
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?