SOUTH AMBOY, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a New Jersey man was struck and killed while attempting to secure his child in their vehicle.
Authorities say 48-year-old Benjamin Nararrete of Old Bridge was standing outside the vehicle in front of the South Amboy YMCA when he was hit just before 5 p.m. Monday by a car driven by 53-year-old Patrick Walsh of South Amboy.
Walsh is hospitalized in stable condition and Nararrete’s 6-year-old daughter was taken to a hospital with injuries that police say are not life-threatening.
The accident is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn