DETROIT (AP) — A Detroit man has been charged with second-degree murder after police say his 9-year-old son found a shotgun at home and fatally shot himself.
The Wayne County prosecutor’s office says 45-year-old Christopher Duran Head was arraigned Thursday.
Head also is charged with involuntary manslaughter, child abuse and weapons offenses. Court records don’t list a lawyer for him.
Daylen Makhai Head was fatally shot in the head Monday afternoon on the city’s west side. Police have said he was handling a loaded shotgun that wasn’t secured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Vaccine etiquette: A guide to politely navigating this new phase of the pandemic
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Christopher Head and another child also were at the home.
Christopher Head faces a Nov. 19 probable cause hearing and a Nov. 25 preliminary examination.