DETROIT (AP) — A Detroit man has been charged with second-degree murder after police say his 9-year-old son found a shotgun at home and fatally shot himself.
The Wayne County prosecutor’s office says 45-year-old Christopher Duran Head was arraigned Thursday.
Head also is charged with involuntary manslaughter, child abuse and weapons offenses. Court records don’t list a lawyer for him.
Daylen Makhai Head was fatally shot in the head Monday afternoon on the city’s west side. Police have said he was handling a loaded shotgun that wasn’t secured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Honestie Hodges, whose mistreatment by police led to changes, dies of COVID. She was 14.
- You should probably replace some of your fabric face masks
- Secret Hasidic wedding in Brooklyn draws thousands of guests, $15K fine
- Trump vents about election as agencies aid Biden transition
- Inside Bill Gates' high-stakes quest to vaccinate the world against COVID-19
Christopher Head and another child also were at the home.
Christopher Head faces a Nov. 19 probable cause hearing and a Nov. 25 preliminary examination.