SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Prosecutors say Sacramento police acted legally when they shot and killed a man who rushed at them while carrying two large kitchen knives.
The April shooting of Dazion Flenaugh by police drew renewed criticism Friday over newly released video that shows one officer calling him a “freak” and advising a bystander to “just hit him with a baseball bat.”
But the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office said in its report released Friday that he broke into homes and threatened one resident with a knife and pickax before he was shot.
Black Lives Matter spokeswoman Tanya Faison says protesters will keep drawing attention to his death, and that of Joseph Mann.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Mann was shot by officers 14 times in July and video appears to show them trying to hit him with their squad cars.