REDMOND, Ore. (AP) — Officials say a fiber optic cable outage knocked out internet and phone lines at Redmond Municipal Airport, canceling flights and causing others to be delayed.
KTVZ-TV reports a CenturyLink fiber line was cut Wednesday in the Redmond area by a contractor not working for the utility.
Airport spokeswoman Erinn Shaw said all outbound United and Delta flights were canceled, while a United flight from San Francisco was delayed. She also urged passengers to check in for flights online or print boarding passes at home because airline computers and kiosks were out of service.
CenturyLink’s West Region spokeswoman Kerry Zimmer says their techs were working to repair services but that restoration wasn’t expected until between 10 p.m. and midnight.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/