REDMOND, Ore. (AP) — Officials say a fiber optic cable outage knocked out internet and phone lines at Redmond Municipal Airport, canceling flights and causing others to be delayed.
KTVZ-TV reports a CenturyLink fiber line was cut Wednesday in the Redmond area by a contractor not working for the utility.
Airport spokeswoman Erinn Shaw said all outbound United and Delta flights were canceled, while a United flight from San Francisco was delayed. She also urged passengers to check in for flights online or print boarding passes at home because airline computers and kiosks were out of service.
CenturyLink’s West Region spokeswoman Kerry Zimmer says their techs were working to repair services but that restoration wasn’t expected until between 10 p.m. and midnight.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/