QUINCY, Mass. (AP) — Officials say no one was hurt when a cruiser was destroyed by a fire in the parking lot of a Massachusetts police department.
Quincy police posted video online Monday of the burning vehicle and its charred remains .
Police say an officer had just parked the vehicle when another officer noticed smoke. Within minutes, the vehicle was consumed by flames.
WHDH-TV reports that the fire caused a rifle in the vehicle to discharge as firefighters fought the flames.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Foul play is not suspected.