QUINCY, Mass. (AP) — Officials say no one was hurt when a cruiser was destroyed by a fire in the parking lot of a Massachusetts police department.
Quincy police posted video online Monday of the burning vehicle and its charred remains .
Police say an officer had just parked the vehicle when another officer noticed smoke. Within minutes, the vehicle was consumed by flames.
WHDH-TV reports that the fire caused a rifle in the vehicle to discharge as firefighters fought the flames.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Foul play is not suspected.