RENO, Nev. (AP) — Crews rescued an injured man after he crashed into a Nevada mountain while paragliding.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports officials say the man on Monday was originally 200 feet (61 meters) below Nevada State Route 431 near the Slide Mountain Trailhead.
Firefighters with Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, North Tahoe Fire Protection District and the Washoe County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Team hoisted the man to safety afternoon using high-angle rescue equipment.
Officials say the man injured his shoulder but did not suffer life-threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others
Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, http://www.rgj.com