INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis firefighters helped funeral home workers move two bodies from a crematorium building after a driver crashed into the facility.
Crews responded Tuesday to Leppert Mortuary & Crematory Services following a report that a car had hit the crematorium building. The fire department says the 53-year-old driver told them she was heading to a nearby bank when she awoke and realized she’d driven through a wall.
The woman was taken to a hospital and described as being in good condition.
The fire department says the building was damaged but they didn’t need to shore it up. After the car was removed the fire department says that firefighters helped secure two bodies that were awaiting cremation and move them to the funeral home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors