STURGIS, S.D. (AP) — Crews have contained a grass fire on the north side of Bear Butte State Park in southwestern South Dakota.
The fire was fully contained early Sunday. At last report the fire had grown to 150 acres (61 hectares), but the final size is to be determined.
Local, state and federal firefighters responded. Gusty winds helped spread the fire.
No structures were endangered and no injuries reported. No one had to be evacuated. Crews will continue mopping up the fire for at least the next few days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
Bear Butte State Park is located six miles (10 kilometers) northeast of Sturgis. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.