STURGIS, S.D. (AP) — Crews have contained a grass fire on the north side of Bear Butte State Park in southwestern South Dakota.
The fire was fully contained early Sunday. At last report the fire had grown to 150 acres (61 hectares), but the final size is to be determined.
Local, state and federal firefighters responded. Gusty winds helped spread the fire.
No structures were endangered and no injuries reported. No one had to be evacuated. Crews will continue mopping up the fire for at least the next few days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
Bear Butte State Park is located six miles (10 kilometers) northeast of Sturgis. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.