STURGIS, S.D. (AP) — Crews have contained a grass fire on the north side of Bear Butte State Park in southwestern South Dakota.
The fire was fully contained early Sunday. At last report the fire had grown to 150 acres (61 hectares), but the final size is to be determined.
Local, state and federal firefighters responded. Gusty winds helped spread the fire.
No structures were endangered and no injuries reported. No one had to be evacuated. Crews will continue mopping up the fire for at least the next few days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
Bear Butte State Park is located six miles (10 kilometers) northeast of Sturgis. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.