PHOENIX (AP) — Authorities say a construction worker is unaccounted for after a crane toppled onto its side near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
The crane fell over about 9:30 a.m. Monday during construction for the Sky Train guideway system.
Airport operations aren’t affected by the accident.
Phoenix Fire Department officials have not released the name of the construction worker.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
- Former TV star, now a chicken 'rescuer,' found not guilty of Foster Farms theft
They say because the crane is on its side and the trench being worked on is unstable, it will take firefighters considerable time to determine if it will be a rescue or recovery operation.