ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Court documents say the boyfriend of a pregnant teenager admitted to fatally shooting her in St. Paul, but said it was an accident.
Luis Chacon-Villeda has not been charged in the death of 18-year-old Eileen Viveros-Varga on March 9. The St. Paul Pioneer Press says one of the search warrants filed in Ramsey County District Court says Chacon-Villeda call 911 after the shooting and told a dispatcher he had fired the shot. Officers arrested Chacon-Villeda on suspicion of murder, but he was later released and charged with drug possession.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, http://www.twincities.com