ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Nebraska couple whose little boy was killed by an alligator at a Walt Disney World hotel have welcomed a new child to their family.
Matt and Melissa Graves on Wednesday announced the birth of Christian Lane Graves.
In 2016, an alligator grabbed 2-year-old Lane Graves as he was playing along the Seven Seas Lagoon beach outside Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. The child’s father jumped into the water to try to free his son, whose body was found 16 hours later. His death was ruled an accident.
The Graves said in a statement that Lane is watching over his sister, Ella, and his new baby brother as a guardian angel.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH