JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A man and woman have been arrested after officials say they prolonged a standoff with police in order to have sex.
Police tell local news outlets they responded Wednesday night to a Jacksonville mobile home in search of 34-year-old Ryan Patrick Bautista, who was wanted on several warrants. Bautista and 30-year-old Leanne Hunn were holed up in the mobile home, leading to a standoff.
Police say they tried to make contact with the people inside for about 45 minutes. At one point, Hunn told police over the phone that she would give up, but that she wanted to have sex with Bautista “one last time.”
Bautista and Hunn were arrested after SWAT team negotiators arrived. Both were charged with resisting arrest and false imprisonment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- N95 masks save lives. So why are they still hard to get this far into a pandemic?
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- DeVos appears to be under investigation for violating Hatch Act