TOWN OF BOVINA, Wis. (AP) — Sheriff’s officials say two people who died in an apparent drunken driving crash in eastern Wisconsin were from Illinois.
Authorities say 83-year-old Hazel DeWitt and 82-year-old David Rosol, both from the Chicago suburb of La Grange, were killed in Outagamie (aw-tah-GAY’-mee) County Sunday night.
Deputies say the 57-year-old driver ran a stop sign and hit the couple’s car on Highway 54 in the Town of Bovina. All three were taken to Theda Care New London where the couple died.
Authorities are reviewing the case for possible charges against the surviving driver.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade