RIMROCK, Ariz. (AP) — Yavapai County Sheriff’s officials say a man fatally shot his wife in the couple’s Rimrock home before turning the gun on himself.
Authorities on Thursday released the names of the couple — 54-year-old Joseph Noble and 47-year-old Cynthia Noble.
Sheriff’s officials say evidence at the scene indicates Joseph Noble may have shot his wife as she slept and then shot himself in the bedroom.
They say the shootings occurred last Saturday sometime after 9 a.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Authorities say there was no sign of a struggle, but there were prior domestic violence issues with the couple.
Sheriff’s officials say deputies were asked to do a welfare check on the couple Tuesday afternoon and found the two dead of apparent gunshot wounds.
Authorities say a gun was recovered at the scene.