RIMROCK, Ariz. (AP) — Yavapai County Sheriff’s officials say a man fatally shot his wife in the couple’s Rimrock home before turning the gun on himself.
Authorities on Thursday released the names of the couple — 54-year-old Joseph Noble and 47-year-old Cynthia Noble.
Sheriff’s officials say evidence at the scene indicates Joseph Noble may have shot his wife as she slept and then shot himself in the bedroom.
They say the shootings occurred last Saturday sometime after 9 a.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Authorities say there was no sign of a struggle, but there were prior domestic violence issues with the couple.
Sheriff’s officials say deputies were asked to do a welfare check on the couple Tuesday afternoon and found the two dead of apparent gunshot wounds.
Authorities say a gun was recovered at the scene.