RIMROCK, Ariz. (AP) — Yavapai County Sheriff’s officials say a man fatally shot his wife in the couple’s Rimrock home before turning the gun on himself.
Authorities on Thursday released the names of the couple — 54-year-old Joseph Noble and 47-year-old Cynthia Noble.
Sheriff’s officials say evidence at the scene indicates Joseph Noble may have shot his wife as she slept and then shot himself in the bedroom.
They say the shootings occurred last Saturday sometime after 9 a.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Authorities say there was no sign of a struggle, but there were prior domestic violence issues with the couple.
Sheriff’s officials say deputies were asked to do a welfare check on the couple Tuesday afternoon and found the two dead of apparent gunshot wounds.
Authorities say a gun was recovered at the scene.