RIMROCK, Ariz. (AP) — Yavapai County Sheriff’s officials say a man fatally shot his wife in the couple’s Rimrock home before turning the gun on himself.
Authorities on Thursday released the names of the couple — 54-year-old Joseph Noble and 47-year-old Cynthia Noble.
Sheriff’s officials say evidence at the scene indicates Joseph Noble may have shot his wife as she slept and then shot himself in the bedroom.
They say the shootings occurred last Saturday sometime after 9 a.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Authorities say there was no sign of a struggle, but there were prior domestic violence issues with the couple.
Sheriff’s officials say deputies were asked to do a welfare check on the couple Tuesday afternoon and found the two dead of apparent gunshot wounds.
Authorities say a gun was recovered at the scene.