WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — A Maine couple has decided to get nice and muddy for their wedding day.
The Morning Sentinel reports Bill Jackson and Jennifer Denis took part in Thomas College’s annual Dirty Dog Mud Race in Waterville on Sunday, with Denis wearing a white veil and Jackson in a tuxedo T-shirt.
The couple ran through a series of muddy obstacle courses together, and Denis’ sister carried a bouquet while running the race as a bridesmaid.
The couple said their vows in front of friends and family at the finish line, sliding rings on each other’s muddy fingers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- UPDATE: Throw out romaine lettuce from SW Arizona, CDC warns as E. coli spreads
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
- Democratic party files lawsuit against Russia, Trump campaign, alleging conspiracy to influence the election
- Court: Sotomayor shoulder injury worse than first thought
- Student says Confederate flag theft sparked protests
They capped the event with a dirt pie-inspired wedding cake complete with crumbled cookies and gummy worms on top.
Jackson says they plan to honeymoon in Ireland.
Information from: Morning Sentinel, http://www.onlinesentinel.com/