WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — A Maine couple has decided to get nice and muddy for their wedding day.
The Morning Sentinel reports Bill Jackson and Jennifer Denis took part in Thomas College’s annual Dirty Dog Mud Race in Waterville on Sunday, with Denis wearing a white veil and Jackson in a tuxedo T-shirt.
The couple ran through a series of muddy obstacle courses together, and Denis’ sister carried a bouquet while running the race as a bridesmaid.
The couple said their vows in front of friends and family at the finish line, sliding rings on each other’s muddy fingers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments WATCH
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Man uses nude mannequins to send message to 'nosey' neighbor
- Alabama prison shuts off water to cells, hunger strike ends
- Eurostar passengers told to avoid travel until April
They capped the event with a dirt pie-inspired wedding cake complete with crumbled cookies and gummy worms on top.
Jackson says they plan to honeymoon in Ireland.
Information from: Morning Sentinel, http://www.onlinesentinel.com/