WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — A Maine couple has decided to get nice and muddy for their wedding day.
The Morning Sentinel reports Bill Jackson and Jennifer Denis took part in Thomas College’s annual Dirty Dog Mud Race in Waterville on Sunday, with Denis wearing a white veil and Jackson in a tuxedo T-shirt.
The couple ran through a series of muddy obstacle courses together, and Denis’ sister carried a bouquet while running the race as a bridesmaid.
The couple said their vows in front of friends and family at the finish line, sliding rings on each other’s muddy fingers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators
They capped the event with a dirt pie-inspired wedding cake complete with crumbled cookies and gummy worms on top.
Jackson says they plan to honeymoon in Ireland.
Information from: Morning Sentinel, http://www.onlinesentinel.com/