NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Nashville prosecutor who was the son-in-law of country music star Alan Jackson has died in a fall in Florida.
Citing a Davidson County District’s Attorney’s Office release, news outlets report 28-year-old Ben Selecman died Wednesday. He was at a boat dock in Jupiter, Florida, when he slipped, suffering traumatic head injuries.
District Attorney Glenn Funk called the assistant district attorney a “rising star.”
Selecman married Jackson’s daughter, Mattie Jackson Selecman, in October 2017.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump moves to effectively end asylum at southern border
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Trump digs in on racist tweets: 'Many people agree with me' VIEW
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW
- Yosemite to restore names to historic attractions under $12 million settlement