MONROE, Ohio (AP) — School officials in southwest Ohio say one of four teenagers involved in a prom night car crash has died.
The teen who died was a 17-year-old girl who was riding in the backseat.
Leaders of Monroe Local Schools say in a statement Monday that counseling and other support is being offered to students.
The district says the three others who were hurt have been released from the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
The four teens were going to the school prom Friday when their 2013 Tesla sedan crested a hill and crashed.
Police say two of the teens were ejected from the car and one was trapped.
No other details are being released about the accident.