COTTONWOOD, Ariz. (AP) — A Cottonwood man is in custody for allegedly having sexual conduct with a 15-year-old girl.
Police say 27-year-old Aelynn Peyketewa is being held on a $500,000 bond on suspicion of eight counts of sexual conduct with a minor.
It was unclear Thursday if Peyketewa has a lawyer.
Phoenix police contacted Cottonwood authorities on Jan. 13 about a runaway girl, who was located a few days later in Prescott.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
Investigators say Peyketewa allegedly brought the teen to Cottonwood around Jan. 11.
They say Peyketewa and the girl met online about two years ago and have been in a sexual relationship.
Yavapai County authorities say Peyketewa’s older brother is awaiting sentencing after being arrested last year for luring a minor for sexual exploitation and failing to register as a sex offender.