COTTONWOOD, Ariz. (AP) — A Cottonwood man is in custody for allegedly having sexual conduct with a 15-year-old girl.
Police say 27-year-old Aelynn Peyketewa is being held on a $500,000 bond on suspicion of eight counts of sexual conduct with a minor.
It was unclear Thursday if Peyketewa has a lawyer.
Phoenix police contacted Cottonwood authorities on Jan. 13 about a runaway girl, who was located a few days later in Prescott.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Investigators say Peyketewa allegedly brought the teen to Cottonwood around Jan. 11.
They say Peyketewa and the girl met online about two years ago and have been in a sexual relationship.
Yavapai County authorities say Peyketewa’s older brother is awaiting sentencing after being arrested last year for luring a minor for sexual exploitation and failing to register as a sex offender.