COTTONWOOD, Ariz. (AP) — A Cottonwood man is in custody for allegedly having sexual conduct with a 15-year-old girl.
Police say 27-year-old Aelynn Peyketewa is being held on a $500,000 bond on suspicion of eight counts of sexual conduct with a minor.
It was unclear Thursday if Peyketewa has a lawyer.
Phoenix police contacted Cottonwood authorities on Jan. 13 about a runaway girl, who was located a few days later in Prescott.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Investigators say Peyketewa allegedly brought the teen to Cottonwood around Jan. 11.
They say Peyketewa and the girl met online about two years ago and have been in a sexual relationship.
Yavapai County authorities say Peyketewa’s older brother is awaiting sentencing after being arrested last year for luring a minor for sexual exploitation and failing to register as a sex offender.