BALTIMORE (AP) — Authorities say a Maryland corrections van driver has been shot in Baltimore.
Baltimore police said in a statement that the 52-year-old woman was driving a Division of Correction van on Friday night when she heard a gunshot and felt a burning sensation in her shoulder, subsequently realizing she’d been shot.
The victim did not see who fired the shot.
The corrections officer was taken to a hospital and is described as in “good” condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Citywide shooting detectives are investigating the incident.