BALTIMORE (AP) — Authorities say a Maryland corrections van driver has been shot in Baltimore.
Baltimore police said in a statement that the 52-year-old woman was driving a Division of Correction van on Friday night when she heard a gunshot and felt a burning sensation in her shoulder, subsequently realizing she’d been shot.
The victim did not see who fired the shot.
The corrections officer was taken to a hospital and is described as in “good” condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Citywide shooting detectives are investigating the incident.