BRYANS ROAD, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a Maryland corrections officer is accused of attacking his wife in her sleep and repeatedly stabbing her with a knife.
News outlets report 45-year-old Armando Quispe Rodriguez, a Prince George’s County corrections officer, was arrested Monday on attempted murder and other charges.
Authorities say officers went to a home Friday after a reported stabbing and found Rodriguez with cuts and his wife in the basement with multiple stab wounds.
WTOP-FM reports investigators say Rodriguez attacked his wife in her sleep, binding her ankles in shackles, and handcuffing her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of world's plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Republicans will never stop': Obama rips GOP after Affordable Care Act is ruled unconstitutional
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
Diane Richardson, with the Charles County Sheriff’s Office, says it appeared the woman was stabbed more than 20 times.
The woman remains in serious condition.
It’s unclear if Rodriguez has a lawyer.