BRYANS ROAD, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a Maryland corrections officer is accused of attacking his wife in her sleep and repeatedly stabbing her with a knife.
News outlets report 45-year-old Armando Quispe Rodriguez, a Prince George’s County corrections officer, was arrested Monday on attempted murder and other charges.
Authorities say officers went to a home Friday after a reported stabbing and found Rodriguez with cuts and his wife in the basement with multiple stab wounds.
WTOP-FM reports investigators say Rodriguez attacked his wife in her sleep, binding her ankles in shackles, and handcuffing her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
Diane Richardson, with the Charles County Sheriff’s Office, says it appeared the woman was stabbed more than 20 times.
The woman remains in serious condition.
It’s unclear if Rodriguez has a lawyer.