RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say an inmate in a western Wyoming jail died of complications from chronic alcohol abuse.
The Riverton Ranger reports 60-year-old Christopher Chavez Jr. died at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander on Dec. 16. County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says, “It’s just one of those things. The long-term effects are going to catch up with you eventually.”
He adds that Chavez did not die because of a lapse in care or from alcohol withdrawal.
Chavez had been incarcerated for since Dec. 14.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's Women's March: How it unfolded
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opening to the public VIEW
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Washington’s coast battered by major waves, flooding WATCH
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com