RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say an inmate in a western Wyoming jail died of complications from chronic alcohol abuse.
The Riverton Ranger reports 60-year-old Christopher Chavez Jr. died at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander on Dec. 16. County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says, “It’s just one of those things. The long-term effects are going to catch up with you eventually.”
He adds that Chavez did not die because of a lapse in care or from alcohol withdrawal.
Chavez had been incarcerated for since Dec. 14.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com