RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say an inmate in a western Wyoming jail died of complications from chronic alcohol abuse.
The Riverton Ranger reports 60-year-old Christopher Chavez Jr. died at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander on Dec. 16. County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says, “It’s just one of those things. The long-term effects are going to catch up with you eventually.”
He adds that Chavez did not die because of a lapse in care or from alcohol withdrawal.
Chavez had been incarcerated for since Dec. 14.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
- 'Sister Wives' family makes home in inclusive Arizona city
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com