RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say an inmate in a western Wyoming jail died of complications from chronic alcohol abuse.
The Riverton Ranger reports 60-year-old Christopher Chavez Jr. died at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander on Dec. 16. County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says, “It’s just one of those things. The long-term effects are going to catch up with you eventually.”
He adds that Chavez did not die because of a lapse in care or from alcohol withdrawal.
Chavez had been incarcerated for since Dec. 14.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought VIEW
- Scott Pruitt before the EPA: Fancy homes, a shell company and friends with money
- Former Mariners reliever Danny Farquhar 'stable but in critical condition' after passing out in dugout
- Archaeologists find bust of Roman emperor in Egypt
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com