RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say an inmate in a western Wyoming jail died of complications from chronic alcohol abuse.
The Riverton Ranger reports 60-year-old Christopher Chavez Jr. died at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander on Dec. 16. County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says, “It’s just one of those things. The long-term effects are going to catch up with you eventually.”
He adds that Chavez did not die because of a lapse in care or from alcohol withdrawal.
Chavez had been incarcerated for since Dec. 14.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump corrects his quote, says misspoke on Russian meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com