ST. MATTHEWS, S.C. (AP) — A coroner has released the names of three people killed in a wreck in South Carolina earlier this week.
Calhoun County coroner Donnie Porth told local media on Wednesday the victims were 67-year-old James Russell Counts and 48-year-old Tammy Elaine Counts, both of Pelion and 21-year-old Danny Lee Hartless of St. Matthews.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says Hartless was driving a Camaro on U.S. 176 Monday night and ran off the side of the road. Troopers say he over-corrected and came back across the road and struck the car that James Counts was driving head-on.
Porth said all three died from the force of the collision.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida marks milestone in Everglades python control program VIEW
- Judge orders Vancouver, Wash., teen to start paying off $37M for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire
- Police say reported abduction was hoax
- Parents go to court to boot 30-year-old son from home
- The princes, the president and the fortune seekers
James Counts was wearing a seat belt, while Tammy Counts and Hartless were not.