ST. MATTHEWS, S.C. (AP) — A coroner has released the names of three people killed in a wreck in South Carolina earlier this week.
Calhoun County coroner Donnie Porth told local media on Wednesday the victims were 67-year-old James Russell Counts and 48-year-old Tammy Elaine Counts, both of Pelion and 21-year-old Danny Lee Hartless of St. Matthews.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says Hartless was driving a Camaro on U.S. 176 Monday night and ran off the side of the road. Troopers say he over-corrected and came back across the road and struck the car that James Counts was driving head-on.
Porth said all three died from the force of the collision.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Complaint in Closs case could be road map for prosecution WATCH
- UK's May faces no-confidence vote after Brexit plan crushed WATCH
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
- At Trump’s inauguration, $10,000 for makeup and lots of room service VIEW
James Counts was wearing a seat belt, while Tammy Counts and Hartless were not.