RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say a 52-year-old man whose body was found in Riverton in February died of hypothermia.
The Riverton Ranger reports Benjamin Piper Jr. was found dead Feb. 11, and investigators determined that he was extremely intoxicated and had a muscle relaxant in his system.
Fremont County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says Piper did not have enough of the relaxant in his system to cause a problem by itself, but the alcohol likely intensified its effects and might have slowed his breathing.
The National Weather Service says the temperature dropped to -5 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 Celsius) the morning of Feb. 11.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com