RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say a 52-year-old man whose body was found in Riverton in February died of hypothermia.
The Riverton Ranger reports Benjamin Piper Jr. was found dead Feb. 11, and investigators determined that he was extremely intoxicated and had a muscle relaxant in his system.
Fremont County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says Piper did not have enough of the relaxant in his system to cause a problem by itself, but the alcohol likely intensified its effects and might have slowed his breathing.
The National Weather Service says the temperature dropped to -5 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 Celsius) the morning of Feb. 11.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- He attends an elite university but lives in a trailer with no heat or sewer hookups VIEW
- Top-seeded Virginia left to make sense of historic NCAA loss VIEW
- McCabe kept memos on Trump dealings; Mueller now has them
- Bones discovered on Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, new forensic analysis shows VIEW
- FBI at site where Civil War gold rumored to be buried
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com