RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say a 52-year-old man whose body was found in Riverton in February died of hypothermia.
The Riverton Ranger reports Benjamin Piper Jr. was found dead Feb. 11, and investigators determined that he was extremely intoxicated and had a muscle relaxant in his system.
Fremont County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says Piper did not have enough of the relaxant in his system to cause a problem by itself, but the alcohol likely intensified its effects and might have slowed his breathing.
The National Weather Service says the temperature dropped to -5 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 Celsius) the morning of Feb. 11.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Tens of thousands converge on California 'poppy apocalypse' VIEW
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com