RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) — Authorities say a 52-year-old man whose body was found in Riverton in February died of hypothermia.
The Riverton Ranger reports Benjamin Piper Jr. was found dead Feb. 11, and investigators determined that he was extremely intoxicated and had a muscle relaxant in his system.
Fremont County Coroner Mark Stratmoen says Piper did not have enough of the relaxant in his system to cause a problem by itself, but the alcohol likely intensified its effects and might have slowed his breathing.
The National Weather Service says the temperature dropped to -5 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 Celsius) the morning of Feb. 11.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that survived California wildfire and guarded home for weeks is reunited with owner WATCH
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Michelle Obama lights up Internet with frank criticism of Facebook exec's 'lean in' mantra
- Pence aide out of running to be Trump's next chief of staff VIEW
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine
Information from: The (Riverton, Wyo.) Ranger, http://www.dailyranger.com