COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A coroner says a body found on a South Carolina roadside has been identified as that of a 22-year-old man who died of a gunshot wound.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said Monday that Damarest Dante Jackson II had a gunshot wound to the upper torso, according to local news reports.
Jackson’s body was found Sunday along Coley Road in Columbia, and the coroner says the man had been dead for several days.
Watts didn’t specify an exact date of death, and further details weren’t released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.