COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A coroner says a body found on a South Carolina roadside has been identified as that of a 22-year-old man who died of a gunshot wound.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said Monday that Damarest Dante Jackson II had a gunshot wound to the upper torso, according to local news reports.
Jackson’s body was found Sunday along Coley Road in Columbia, and the coroner says the man had been dead for several days.
Watts didn’t specify an exact date of death, and further details weren’t released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.