COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A coroner says a body found on a South Carolina roadside has been identified as that of a 22-year-old man who died of a gunshot wound.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said Monday that Damarest Dante Jackson II had a gunshot wound to the upper torso, according to local news reports.
Jackson’s body was found Sunday along Coley Road in Columbia, and the coroner says the man had been dead for several days.
Watts didn’t specify an exact date of death, and further details weren’t released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.