COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A coroner says a body found on a South Carolina roadside has been identified as that of a 22-year-old man who died of a gunshot wound.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said Monday that Damarest Dante Jackson II had a gunshot wound to the upper torso, according to local news reports.
Jackson’s body was found Sunday along Coley Road in Columbia, and the coroner says the man had been dead for several days.
Watts didn’t specify an exact date of death, and further details weren’t released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Fire claims popular recreation spots in Southern California VIEW
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.