LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Authorities say an infant’s body was found on a Kentucky road.
Lexington police responded to a report of a dead baby in a neighborhood road early Sunday morning. Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn told news outlets that the baby appeared to be a newborn and was not delivered at a hospital.
Ginn said a passer-by found the baby.
The coroner’s office is handling the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- With police near, suspected Austin bomber blows himself up VIEW
- Neighbors baffled after naming of 24-year-old suspect
- Sea lions gobbling fragile fish in Northwest survival war VIEW
- Austin bombing suspect had list of future targets
- Austin bombing suspect's uncle says he was smart, kind VIEW
Further details have not been released.