GASTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities have identified a man killed in a stabbing in a South Carolina neighborhood.
The Lexington County Coroner’s Office tells media outlets 19-year-old Rayshawn Q. Porterfield died Thursday after being stabbed in the upper body.
Investigators say they arrested someone close to the scene of the stabbing in Gaston but haven’t released that person’s identity.
Deputies say information they gathered at the scene suggests Porterfield and the suspect knew each other. The investigation is ongoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Inside the extreme effort to punish women for abortion
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events