EAST HAMPTON, Conn. (AP) — A 24-year-old Connecticut woman has been arrested after police say she seriously hurt her 5-year-old daughter and tried to cover it up by staging videos of the girl appearing to hurt herself.
Felicia O’Brien, of East Hampton, was charged Wednesday with intentional cruelty to persons and risk of injury to a minor. Her bail was set at $250,000 Thursday.
O’Brien’s stepdaughter was hospitalized with injuries in August. Records show O’Brien said the girl heard voices telling her to hurt herself by hitting her head on a bunk bed ladder.
The girl was hospitalized again in September with injuries to her face and eyes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After coronavirus superspreader event at Sturgis, Missouri hosts thousands at Lake of the Ozarks bike rally
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick VIEW
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she doesn't support filling Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat before the election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
Police analyzed the mother’s cellphone and found apparent outtakes, including one with O’Brien cueing the girl to begin.
Her public defender could not be reached for comment.