EAST HAMPTON, Conn. (AP) — A 24-year-old Connecticut woman has been arrested after police say she seriously hurt her 5-year-old daughter and tried to cover it up by staging videos of the girl appearing to hurt herself.
Felicia O’Brien, of East Hampton, was charged Wednesday with intentional cruelty to persons and risk of injury to a minor. Her bail was set at $250,000 Thursday.
O’Brien’s stepdaughter was hospitalized with injuries in August. Records show O’Brien said the girl heard voices telling her to hurt herself by hitting her head on a bunk bed ladder.
The girl was hospitalized again in September with injuries to her face and eyes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
- 'QAnon Shaman's' note to Pence cited as evidence of 'assassination' plot before prosecutors walk back claim
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden's inauguration
- Trump plans to live at Mar-a-Lago and employ some current aides
Police analyzed the mother’s cellphone and found apparent outtakes, including one with O’Brien cueing the girl to begin.
Her public defender could not be reached for comment.