PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Authorities say a woman driving a van with several passengers — including three young children and her twin sister — was shot and killed when two men opened fire on the vehicle.
It’s not yet known what sparked the shooting that occurred around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in Philadelphia. But city police said Thursday it appears the people in the van were “innocent parties.”
Tyisha Timmons was driving the van when it was struck by as many as five bullets. The shooters then fled on foot and the van eventually crashed into a business.
The 23-year-old Timmons was shot at least once and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- Dentist killed his wife on an African hunting trip, U.S. says
- A Nike executive seeks a family’s forgiveness for a 1965 murder
Her passengers all suffered cuts and bruises in the crash and were treated at a hospital.