LAGRANGE, N.Y. (AP) — Officials say a motorcyclist is dead following a three-vehicle crash in upstate New York.
Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office Capt. John Watterson says the crash in LaGrange Tuesday morning involved two cars and a motorcycle. The identity and age of the motorcyclist killed in the collision is being withheld pending family notification.
Watterson says the driver of a Mazda sedan collided with the driver of a Kawasaki motorcycle after crossing into oncoming traffic. The Mazda then struck another car.
The 57-year-old Poughkeepsie woman driving the Mazda was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The other car driver wasn’t injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say no charges have been filed and driver fatigue appears to be a contributing factor.
An investigation is continuing.