PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police say a Rhode Island man who streamed himself on Facebook Live driving 114 mph before crashing into a garbage truck and a concrete barrier was driving with a suspended license.
State police say 20-year-old Onasi Olio-Rojas, of Pawtucket, lost control Wednesday on U.S. Route 6 in Providence.
The video posted on Olio-Rojas’ Facebook page shows him driving 114 mph and weaving through traffic. Police confirmed its authenticity.
Rescue crews extricated him from the car after the crash. He was hospitalized in critical condition. Rhode Island Hospital says he was in fair condition as of late Thursday night.
Most Read Stories
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Dough Zone opens in Seattle: better than Din Tai Fung?! | Cheap Eats
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Police say Olio-Rojas had been involved in two prior accidents and has several previous traffic violations. WJAR-TV reports police plan to bring misdemeanor charges against him.