NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a man has stabbed his roommate to death at a New York City homeless shelter.
They say 62-year-old Deven Black was found stabbed in the neck Wednesday night in East Harlem.
They say the killer fled when a security guard opened the door to the room and found Black bleeding on the floor.
Police have identified their suspect as 21-year-old Anthony White, and they are searching for him. Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce says White has had psychiatric issues since at least 2013.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say
Residents at the Boulevard Homeless Shelter say White had threatened to kill someone for at least a week leading up to the attack. The shelter houses men with mental health issues.
Black was a former city public school teacher and librarian.