ERIE, Pa. (AP) — Police say a Pennsylvania man tried to steal a puppy from a home he had burglarized hours earlier on Christmas Eve, taking presents meant for children.
The Erie Times-News (http://bit.ly/1MESmzu ) reports 21-year-old Austin Thompson is accused of stealing televisions, a video system and Christmas presents meant for Sara Sauers’ children at about 4 a.m. Christmas Eve.
Police say they caught Thompson when he returned about two hours later to take her puppy. They say he fled when officers responded to the second call.
Police were able to recover some of the stolen items. Sauers says police returned her television on Christmas Day and even hooked up her cable.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Couple finds their luggage is overweight because of stowaway dog
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Could this new version of an old grain help fight climate change and feed the world?
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- When a fisherman pulled in his line, he knew he had 'something weird': A 40-pound alligator gar
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Thompson, who remained in jail Tuesday.
Information from: Erie Times-News, http://www.goerie.com