ERIE, Pa. (AP) — Police say a Pennsylvania man tried to steal a puppy from a home he had burglarized hours earlier on Christmas Eve, taking presents meant for children.
The Erie Times-News (http://bit.ly/1MESmzu ) reports 21-year-old Austin Thompson is accused of stealing televisions, a video system and Christmas presents meant for Sara Sauers’ children at about 4 a.m. Christmas Eve.
Police say they caught Thompson when he returned about two hours later to take her puppy. They say he fled when officers responded to the second call.
Police were able to recover some of the stolen items. Sauers says police returned her television on Christmas Day and even hooked up her cable.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. warns against travel to 80% of world due to coronavirus
- The 12 jurors deliberating in the trial of Derek Chauvin
- A 73-year-old with dementia took $14 of items from Walmart. Police broke her arm in a violent arrest.
- Chauvin guilty of murder and manslaughter in Floyd's death
- The pandemic gave parents the chance to work from home. Now some don't want to give it up.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Thompson, who remained in jail Tuesday.
Information from: Erie Times-News, http://www.goerie.com