ERIE, Pa. (AP) — Police say a Pennsylvania man tried to steal a puppy from a home he had burglarized hours earlier on Christmas Eve, taking presents meant for children.
The Erie Times-News (http://bit.ly/1MESmzu ) reports 21-year-old Austin Thompson is accused of stealing televisions, a video system and Christmas presents meant for Sara Sauers’ children at about 4 a.m. Christmas Eve.
Police say they caught Thompson when he returned about two hours later to take her puppy. They say he fled when officers responded to the second call.
Police were able to recover some of the stolen items. Sauers says police returned her television on Christmas Day and even hooked up her cable.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You should probably replace some of your fabric face masks
- Honestie Hodges, whose mistreatment by police led to changes, dies of COVID. She was 14.
- Inside Bill Gates' high-stakes quest to vaccinate the world against COVID-19
- 'America is back': Biden pushes past Trump era with nominees WATCH
- Trump vents about election as agencies aid Biden transition
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Thompson, who remained in jail Tuesday.
Information from: Erie Times-News, http://www.goerie.com