SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Police in Syracuse say a 37-year-old man repeatedly beat and raped a woman while holding her captive in his apartment for more than a week.
Authorities say the victim knew Anthony Crawford but they didn’t have a domestic relationship when he trapped her in his apartment starting on Oct. 6 and kept her there until Oct. 15, when she managed to escape and get to a hospital.
Police say during the ordeal Crawford punched the woman in the face, kicked her in the ribs and choked her. Officials say he also raped her every day she was held in the apartment.
Crawford was charged Tuesday with rape, kidnapping, strangulation and assault. He’s being held in the Onondaga County Jail without bail. Information on whether he has a lawyer wasn’t available from authorities.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover