SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Police in Syracuse say a 37-year-old man repeatedly beat and raped a woman while holding her captive in his apartment for more than a week.
Authorities say the victim knew Anthony Crawford but they didn’t have a domestic relationship when he trapped her in his apartment starting on Oct. 6 and kept her there until Oct. 15, when she managed to escape and get to a hospital.
Police say during the ordeal Crawford punched the woman in the face, kicked her in the ribs and choked her. Officials say he also raped her every day she was held in the apartment.
Crawford was charged Tuesday with rape, kidnapping, strangulation and assault. He’s being held in the Onondaga County Jail without bail. Information on whether he has a lawyer wasn’t available from authorities.
Most Read Stories
- More details emerge about events leading up to WSU QB Tyler Hilinski's death
- Million-dollar home sales surge in King County, creeping into cheaper neighborhoods VIEW
- Undersea quake sends Alaskans fleeing from feared tsunami VIEW
- Satellite images reveal 'parade' of wet weather systems headed for the Pacific Northwest
- Are you ready? Here comes a deluge of rain, snow across Western Washington