LYMAN, Maine — A Maine man accused of playing video games and smoking pot while his naked toddlers wandered outside has been charged with child endangerment.
Investigators say 35-year-old Christopher Peare, of Lyman, told them he had no idea his 2- and 3-year-old daughters had crawled out a window and gone missing for 90 minutes Thursday night.
The mother of the children was not at home.
Officials say the children were checked out at a hospital and sent to relatives’ homes while Peare was booked at the York County Jail.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Police find man suspected in shooting at Chicago-area parade
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney
Troopers say Peare was charged with the same crime in 2012 involving a different child in Sanford.
It was unclear if he had a lawyer.