UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) — Police in suburban Philadelphia say a legally blind 75-year-old man was beaten and robbed in broad daylight.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the man’s money and phone were taken in the attack Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
Chitwood took to Twitter on Monday to ask for the public’s help in catching the person who committed the crime. He calls the suspect a “scumbag” and a “predator” who needs to be taken down.
He says the victim, who has not been identified, has been hospitalized with a possible fractured femur.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
No other details were released.