PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a 23-year-old suspect has turned himself in after a shooting that injured 11 people at a Philadelphia cookout.
Authorities say Dominic Lamar was taken into custody Monday. He faces charges of attempted murder and other offenses in the June 20 shooting.
Investigators are still searching for a second 23-year-old suspect.
Witnesses told police that the men fired a shotgun down a west Philadelphia block during a cookout. Police say the victims were wounded by birdshot from the shotgun blasts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Motorcycle stunt rider Alex Harvill dies while trying to break world record in Moses Lake
- US-Canada border restrictions extended until July 21
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A teen buys repossessed storage units at auction, then gives the contents back to the original owners
- Woman falls to death at indoor climbing gym
The victims included a 1-year-old girl, an 11-year-old boy and a 12-year-old boy.
It’s unclear if Lamar has an attorney who could comment on the charges.