PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a 23-year-old suspect has turned himself in after a shooting that injured 11 people at a Philadelphia cookout.
Authorities say Dominic Lamar was taken into custody Monday. He faces charges of attempted murder and other offenses in the June 20 shooting.
Investigators are still searching for a second 23-year-old suspect.
Witnesses told police that the men fired a shotgun down a west Philadelphia block during a cookout. Police say the victims were wounded by birdshot from the shotgun blasts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Don’t take a rapid COVID test too soon: How and when to swab
- What is monkeypox, the rare virus now confirmed in the U.S. and Europe?
- Secret Service workers for Biden Asia trip sent home
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Live updates | Zelenskyy: Russia should pay for destruction
The victims included a 1-year-old girl, an 11-year-old boy and a 12-year-old boy.
It’s unclear if Lamar has an attorney who could comment on the charges.