BANGOR, Maine (AP) — A man who admitted embezzling $815,000 from the Maine boat yard where he worked as a financial manager has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison.
The Bangor Daily News reports 51-year-old Steven Nygren, former chief financial officer of Brooklin Boat Yard, also was sentenced Friday to five years supervised release and ordered to pay restitution.
Nygren, of Salem, Massachusetts, admitted embezzling the money over 16 months in 2014 and 2015.
Court documents say he used the funds to maintain a general store and pay for his daughter’s wedding. Prosecutors also say Nygren also charged over $60,000 to a company credit card for sports events and his general store.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hackers release data after LA school district refuses to pay ransom
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Supreme Court rejects bump stock ban cases
U.S. District Court Judge John Woodcock says he sought “some glimmer of goodness” in Nygren, but couldn’t find it.
Information from: Bangor Daily News, http://www.bangordailynews.com