GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — State troopers say a construction worker crossing a street in North Carolina was killed when he was struck by a car.
The N.C. Highway Patrol told local media outlets the unidentified worker was going from one part of the construction site to the other Thursday night when he was struck on U.S. 13 just outside of Greenville. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
According the patrol, the driver was working with troopers.
The man’s identity is being withheld pending notification of relatives, and an investigation is underway.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- Family dog dies protecting kids from mountain lion in Colorado