SUWANEE, Ga. (AP) — Police say a construction worker who was hit by a car while working along a Georgia interstate died over the weekend.
Gwinnett County police say 42-year-old Lamar Ragland died from his injuries on Saturday.
Ragland was removing barrels from the end of a closed section of Interstate 85 around 5 a.m. Friday in preparation for reopening. Police say a driver in a Toyota Corolla entered the closed lane and hit Ragland.
The driver remained at the scene and spoke with investigators. Police say he will likely face homicide by vehicle and traffic charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cambridge Analytica database identified Black U.S. voters as ripe for 'deterrence,' British broadcaster says
- Trump’s taxes show chronic losses and years of income tax avoidance WATCH
- Record temperatures lure 'heat tourists' to Death Valley National Park
- Andrew Jackson: populist war hero and no fan of paper money
- Tax records reveal how ‘Apprentice’ fame gave Trump a $427 million lifeline