COLUMBUS JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) — Police in southeastern Iowa say the owner of a construction company has died after an excavated area where he was working caved in.
Columbus Junction police say 52-year-old Anthony Hills, owner of Hills Construction, was working on a sewer repair when the collapse happened Friday afternoon.
Ten agencies from the area responded to the scene.
Police say an investigation by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been launched into the death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally