COLUMBUS JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) — Police in southeastern Iowa say the owner of a construction company has died after an excavated area where he was working caved in.
Columbus Junction police say 52-year-old Anthony Hills, owner of Hills Construction, was working on a sewer repair when the collapse happened Friday afternoon.
Ten agencies from the area responded to the scene.
Police say an investigation by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been launched into the death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW