BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut man charged with murdering his parents in August made a brief appearance in Superior Court in Bridgeport.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/1P8Ie6u ) Judge Robert Devlin issued a continuance Wednesday in the double murder case against 27-year-old Kyle Navin.
Navin and his attorney will have until Jan. 20 to inform the court if they want a probable cause hearing. The state would be required to present some of the evidence gathered before Navin was charged with fatally shooting Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin.
Officials say Navin winked at two family members of his girlfriend while being led out of the courtroom. Thirty-one-year-old Jennifer Valiante is charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- 'Botched': Arizona GOP's ballot count ends, troubles persist
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Bacon may become scarce in California as pig rules take effect
Navin’s lawyer declined to comment on the charges and Valiante denies any involvement in the killings.
Information from: Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com