MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — A confused motorist has driven onto a train platform in suburban New York.
Newsday reports that a gray sedan was driven onto the westbound Long Island Rail Road platform in Mineola at about 5 p.m. Saturday.
The car’s front wheels ended up dangling over the tracks.
Train service was briefly disrupted while police hauled the car away. The driver was not injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Branson mourns for 17 killed in sinking of packed duck boat WATCH
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
The LIRR says there was no damage to the platform.
No details about the errant driver were immediately available.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com