MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — A confused motorist has driven onto a train platform in suburban New York.
Newsday reports that a gray sedan was driven onto the westbound Long Island Rail Road platform in Mineola at about 5 p.m. Saturday.
The car’s front wheels ended up dangling over the tracks.
Train service was briefly disrupted while police hauled the car away. The driver was not injured.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish Health’s ambitious Seattle plans involved a developer with a stake in their success VIEW
- Prison escape of Darren Berg, Washington’s ‘Mini Madoff,' is like ‘Shawshank Redemption,' official says
- Video surfaces of Seahawks' top draft pick Malik McDowell's arrest, and it is very NSFW
- Seattle police recommend charging ex-City Council candidate for false reporting in voucher program | Times Watchdog
- Washington state drivers 5th worst in nation — and trending in the wrong direction, new study says
The LIRR says there was no damage to the platform.
No details about the errant driver were immediately available.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com