MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — A concert is set in South Carolina next month to raise money for Hurricane Florence victims.
The 10-hour Hurricane Florence Benefit Concert is set Nov. 11 at the TicketReturn.com Field, home of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans minor league baseball team.
Performers scheduled to appear include Michael Ray, Carly Pearce, Love & Theft and the Davisson Brothers Band.
Randy Houser had also been on the schedule, but he tweeted that there had been a “mix up” and he can’t attend.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
The concert is being organized by The City of Myrtle Beach, Visit Myrtle Beach and others.
From staging to lighting, from artists to venue, most labor and services will be donated to maximize money for relief.
The money will be used to help storm victims in Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Marlboro and Marion counties.