JOLIET, Ill. (AP) — A northern Illinois man has been charged with concealing a homicide in the shooting death of a woman who had been reported missing.
The Will County sheriff’s office on Friday announced Jeremy Boshears of Coal City was charged Friday in connection with the disappearance of Kaitlyn Kearns.
An attorney for the 32-year-old Boshears’ could not immediately be reached for comment and the Will County state’s attorney’s office said additional charges could still be filed in the case.
Investigators located 24-year-old Kaitlyn Kearns’s body and her SUV during an overnight search in a rural area of Kankakee County. She was reported missing Tuesday after being last seen early Monday at a bar in Joliet where she was a bartender.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
The Kankakee County Coroner’s Office confirms that Kearns suffered a single gunshot wound to her head.